Tuesday, December 18, 2018 10:41:54 AM

Importing Product Spreadsheets with NopCommerce 3.90

one year ago
#602 Quote
I am having a problem with importing my products via excel. I am using open OpenOffice and not Excel and saving the files as .xlsx. But when I try to upload the file, I get this error message: "A disk error occurred during a write operation. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8003001D (STG_E_WRITEFAULT))"

I was wondering if anyone had any insight on this issue.
one year ago
#603 Quote
Hi Mark,

In your case, I would recommend the following points:

1) If you are creating a brand new import file from scratch. Instead of creating a new file, try using the "Export" option and export the existing products (it will give you everything in an excel file). If you do not have any product(s) on your store site, simply create a test product manually

2) Once you have the exported file (use this as your base file / template for import) and ensure that you have all the fields values in required fields / columns

3) Save your products in the same Excel version / file (I would recommend importing just one product for now to make sure it is working instead of adding hundreds or thousands of products. It will be easier to troubleshoot the product with one product only)
one year ago
#604 Quote
UPDATE: If you continue to get the same error.

In this case export one product (that you have manually added to your site) by using export button and then simply import that file AS-IS.

Worst case scenario - If you STILL get the exact same error about "STG_E_WRITEFAULT", in that case your file is not the issue. The issue has something to do with your permissions.  In that case, make sure your root folder has write permission (or  at least this folder should have write permission: \Content\files\ExportImport)

one year ago
#605 Quote
Well, I actually did happen to export an existing product. I have two Nop sites, one that's established and one that is a blank slate currently. I exported one product from my website that has products listed already and tried to import that file into my new website. I just keep getting that error message.

I even tried to import existing files that I tweaked to be "new" products onto my established Nop website, and I still got that error.
one year ago
#606 Quote
Hi Mark, please see my last post above.

Also - If you are using import file exported by other site, please make sure both sites are running on same version. If not, then do not use the exported file from other site. Export the file from the site where you want to import the products.
one year ago
#607 Quote

According to this, I do have write permission.
one year ago
#608 Quote
nopCommerce 3.20 and above need full trust hosting. Have you confirmed this from your hosting company that they are offering full trust level on the server where you have configured your site?
one year ago
#609 Quote
One more thing you can try (IF you have already confirmed that your hosting server does offer FULL trust level) - Open your import file and re-save it as .xlsx (please make sure it is NOT .xls).

Try importing now and see it is fixes your problem?