M Willey wrote:
how to convert mdf file version 655 to 612 in sql sever or in other words .mdf file created in 2008 to .mdf 2005 file ???
Well, you can't change it from upper to lower version on in other words sql 2008 to sql 2005
The best option would be just generate script of your 2008 database tables along with the data and run these table scripts to newly created sql 2005 database.Question:
How to generate sql scripts of sql 2008 database?Answer:
It's always better to use SSMS (SQL Server Mangement Studio)
1) Right click the database in sql 2008 which you want to do with
2) Choose Task and Generate script
3) Make sure select "script all objects in the database"
4) In the Script Option, choose the item Script for SQL server version to SQL2005
and Script data to be true! Those two are the key steps!
5) Here you go to check the generated script. That's it !
Now you have your script and you can run this script against your newly created sql 2005 database